Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Initial Review of the Primary Arms 1-4X24 Scope

This is my second Primary Arms 1-4X24 scope, the first one that I had I ended up selling with the AR that it was mounted to, when I had used that one it required very little adjusting to get it zeroed in for the .300BLK that it was on. It was rock solid at holding a zero also, I bumped it a few times at the range on the tables and posts but it never lost the zero I had it set at. Overall I was impressed with that one and that is what influenced me to get another for the Spartan Build.

Originally I had gone with the Eotech and Magnifier setup but really did not like having to flip the magnifier to the side to be able to use the Eotech by itself, but I also wanted the ability to use adjustable zoom for different distances. I quickly traded off the Eotech and magnifier and for the past month or so I have been running with just the Magpul MBUS. When I started looking for a scope I found myself going back to the Primary Arms site and checking this scope out and seeing what others have had to say about there's since I bought the last one I had. Every time I have used Primary Arms I have always been impressed with their customer service, shipping, and product quality so I decided to go ahead and order this scope again.

When I ordered it I made sure to add on the Primary Arms Deluxe Extended Scope Mount since it saves $10 to order them as a package, the mount is super sturdy and holds the scope tightly in place. One of the things that I really like about Primary Arms is that they offer multiple options for shipping and USPS Priority is one of them and is almost always the cheapest. I ordered on Saturday and the package arrived Thursday (which includes the Holiday on Monday), very quick shipping on PA's part.

As soon as the box arrived yesterday I opened it up and got the scope mounted onto my AR, to say I was a little excited to get it would be a bit of an understatement (but then again I always like to get new parts for my guns). Once I had it all lined up and tightened down I stepped into the backyard to make sure that I could get the correct sight picture through the scope where I had it mounted. I had forgotten how clear the glass is on the scope, even thought the scope only cost me $180 with the mount and shipping. There have been other "cheap" scopes that I have had and not one of them can compare when it comes to the clarity of the PA 1-4x24 scope. The magnification adjustment is smooth and very easy to use. The flip up caps that come with it are cheaper but they work well, just make sure they are closed when not using the scope otherwise you might break them off.

The illuminated reticle is a nice touch when not in direct sunlight, there are 11 settings for the brightness of the dot which is a nice touch and gives the ability to keep the red dot from being "blown" out. The cross hairs on the reticle are clean and crisp, and with the magnification set at 1X it is very easy to use this scope with both eyes open.

Once I get the opportunity to head to the range and get the scope sighted in I will make sure to post a follow up review, and more thoughts on the scope.
















2 comments:

  1. This is a nice post in an interesting line of content. Thanks for sharing this article, great way of bring such topic to discussion.

    ReplyDelete